Penniless Socialite: Look What I Got: Derby Days and Instagram Shopping

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Look What I Got: Derby Days and Instagram Shopping

derby days 2
Highest Accolades Dress: Anthropologie via Instagram (@kitschcatvintage) |
Gingham Shirt: J.Crew Factory (worn, similar) | Shoes: Espirit via Marshall's |
Monogram Necklace: c/o Onecklace (worn, exact) |
Bar Necklace: Kate Spade Saturday via TJ Maxx (worn, similar) | Bracelet: vintage
derby days 4 derby days 1 derby days 3 derby days 5 derby days 6 derby days 7

I wore this dress with what I can only describe as horse ribbons on it to a recent trip to Philadelphia.  And I did not even realize until half through the day (and 3 beers in) that it was the day of the Kentucky Derby.  Maybe if I had  listened to that voice mail from my grandmother a little earlier I would have realized that my dress choice was genius.  My grandmother left me a voice mail asking if I wanted to place any bets.  Yep, we're an awesome family.

And (of course) this dress is another find from Instagram (via @kitschcatvintage).  I've always coveted this dress, but didn't purchase it from Anthro because sometimes it's more important to pay the rent than have a horse ribbon dress.  And then prices on eBay were insane.  So, when I found this dress via my new shopping addiction, I had to snatch it up.  I got this dress plus a floral Betsy Johnson dress for half of what this dress actually cost in stores.


 photo LWIGRules_zps26ecaa31.png

1. follow your hosts

Sharon @ The Tiny Heart

2. grab a button
Or link back to one of your hosts, and help us promote Look What I Got!

3. link up!
Link up your post on what you got (for cheap)!
(Please don't link up your entire blog or any posts that are not "Look What I Got"! )

We love having you link up and we will be reading all your posts! So, if you don't follow the rules and link back you'll be put in time out (i.e. we'll delete your link).

4. mix and mingle
Visit some other blogs and let them know you found them through the link up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...